According to Glass Door, the average salary for a Scrum Master is £59,350 per annum whilst CW Jobs UK post an average of £62,500 per annum. Entry-level salaries for a Scrum Master in the UK is around £44,873 per annum.
In the US, the average salary for a Scrum Master is $100,000 per annum.
In the contracting world, experienced Scrum Masters can earn between £500 per day and £1,500 per day depending on the nature of the engagement and the extent of their expertise.
Scrum Master Progression
In terms of earning potential, the sky really is the limit.
A Scrum Master can progress to an Advanced Certified Scrum Master after a year of practicing as a Scrum Master and onto a Certified Scrum Professional Scrum Master after an additional year of practice.
According to Glass Door, the average salary for an Agile coach is £76,397 per annum in the UK whilst Indeed list their average daily rate for an Agile coach as £559 per day.
In the contracting world, Agile Coaches can command anything from £500 per day to £5,000 per day depending on the nature of the engagement and their expertise.
There is not a course for these Scrum Alliance credentials but there is a mentored path.
To become a CTC or a CEC, you would need to work with a mentor and coach to prepare you for the certification application.
Agile Centre started the Agile Coaching Academy with this goal in mind. We are committed to growing the next generation of great Scrum Masters and Agile coaches, and the academy is designed to mentor and coach from apprenticeship through to mastery level.
Frequently Asked Scrum Master Questions
- What is Scrum?
- What is a Scrum Team?
- Do Scrum Masters work outside of Software environments?
- Do I need project management experience to become a Scrum Master?
- How does a Scrum Master differ from a Project Manager?
- Is the Scrum Master a member of the development team?
- What is the difference between a Scrum Master and a Product Owner?
- What is the Agile Manifesto?
- What are 3 traits of a good Scrum Master?
- Are there different levels of seniority amongst Scrum Masters?
- Can you create a Scrum environment in a company that isn’t Agile?
- Do I need to be a developer to be a Scrum Master for a software development team?
- How will I know if a Scrum Master role is a good fit for me?
- Must you be an expert in Scrum to become a Scrum Master?
- What are career opportunities for a Scrum Master?
- What do Scrum Masters do?
- What is a daily scrum and do Scrum Masters lead them?
Frequently asked Training and Certification questions
- Do you get course materials and textbooks on the CSM course?
- How well does a CSM course prepare you to be a Scrum Master?
- How well recognised and respected is the Certified Scrum Master course?
- What do I need to know before signing up on the CSM course?
- What is a Certified Scrum Master?
- What is a good certification path for a Scrum Master?
- What will you learn on a CSM course?
- Will I be able to lead a scrum team after doing a CSM course?
- Are there different Scrum Master certifications and how do they differ?
- Do companies invest in CSM courses or is it predominantly individuals?
- How long is the CSM course and how is it configured?
- Is the CSM course theoretical or practical?
- Is there an alumni group for CSM graduates?
- Is there an exam I need to pass to become a Certified Scrum Master?
- What can I do with a CSM credential?