The CSM credential is awarded by the Scrum Alliance, and there are roughly 1 million Certified Scrum Masters in the world today.
It is the oldest and largest Certified Scrum Master community in the world.
Technically, there is no difference other than the certification and preparation for the role.
The Scrum Alliance designed and developed a range of learning objectives and outcomes they felt would be beneficial for beginner Scrum Masters and created a network of Certified Scrum Trainers to deliver that training around the world.
Online and In-Person.
There are people who have organically grown into the Scrum Master role and have progressed through trial and error. You don’t need to be a Certified Scrum Master to do the role, but it is super helpful if you are new to Scrum and want to prepare yourself for the role as best you can.
The Certified Scrum Master credential is internationally recognised, respected, and provides individuals with a great foundation from which to launch their Scrum career.
If you are new to technology environments and would like to become a Scrum Master, the CSM course is the perfect launch point for you. Visit our Certified Scrum Master course page for more information.
Frequently Asked Scrum Master Questions
- What is Scrum?
- What is a Scrum Team?
- Do Scrum Masters work outside of Software environments?
- Do I need project management experience to become a Scrum Master?
- How does a Scrum Master differ from a Project Manager?
- Is the Scrum Master a member of the development team?
- What is the difference between a Scrum Master and a Product Owner?
- What is the Agile Manifesto?
- What are 3 traits of a good Scrum Master?
- Are there different levels of seniority amongst Scrum Masters?
- Can you create a Scrum environment in a company that isn’t Agile?
- Do I need to be a developer to be a Scrum Master for a software development team?
- How will I know if a Scrum Master role is a good fit for me?
- Must you be an expert in Scrum to become a Scrum Master?
- What are career opportunities for a Scrum Master?
- What do Scrum Masters do?
- What is a daily scrum and do Scrum Masters lead them?
Frequently asked Training and Certification questions
- Do you get course materials and textbooks on the CSM course?
- How well does a CSM course prepare you to be a Scrum Master?
- How well recognised and respected is the Certified Scrum Master course?
- What do I need to know before signing up on the CSM course?
- What is a Certified Scrum Master?
- What is a good certification path for a Scrum Master?
- What will you learn on a CSM course?
- Will I be able to lead a scrum team after doing a CSM course?
- Are there different Scrum Master certifications and how do they differ?
- Do companies invest in CSM courses or is it predominantly individuals?
- How long is the CSM course and how is it configured?
- Is the CSM course theoretical or practical?
- Is there an alumni group for CSM graduates?
- Is there an exam I need to pass to become a Certified Scrum Master?
- What can I do with a CSM credential?
- What is my earning potential as a Certified Scrum Master?