Yes, there is.
The Scrum Alliance have created an online international examination that consists of 50 questions.
To pass the examination, you require a minimum of 74%, which translates into getting 37 questions right.
The examination is multiple choice and is relatively straightforward.
You should not experience any difficulty with the examination if you have paid attention throughout the course and are familiar with the Scrum Guide.
The course materials you receive from Agile Centre are more than adequate to help you prepare for the examination.
You have 1 hour to complete the examination.
If English is not your first language or you have any other reasonable requests for an extension, the Scrum Alliance will take your request into consideration and may award you an additional hour to complete the exam.
As part of your Certified Scrum Master course with Agile Centre, you have 2 opportunities to successfully pass the CSM examination.
A link to the examination will be emailed to you upon completion of the CSM course.
What happens if I do not pass the examination?
You will not be awarded the Certified Scrum Master certification until you have successfully passed the examination.
If you have attended a CSM course through Agile Centre and you fail to successfully navigate the examination on both attempts, touch base with us.
We would be more than happy to invite you back onto the CSM course at no extra charge and help you achieve your goal of becoming a Certified Scrum Master.
You would simply need to pay the Scrum Alliance $50 to rewrite your examination and you are good to go.
If you would like to become a Scrum Master, visit our Certified Scrum Master course page.
Frequently Asked Scrum Master Questions
- What is Scrum?
- What is a Scrum Team?
- Do Scrum Masters work outside of Software environments?
- Do I need project management experience to become a Scrum Master?
- How does a Scrum Master differ from a Project Manager?
- Is the Scrum Master a member of the development team?
- What is the difference between a Scrum Master and a Product Owner?
- What is the Agile Manifesto?
- What are 3 traits of a good Scrum Master?
- Are there different levels of seniority amongst Scrum Masters?
- Can you create a Scrum environment in a company that isn’t Agile?
- Do I need to be a developer to be a Scrum Master for a software development team?
- How will I know if a Scrum Master role is a good fit for me?
- Must you be an expert in Scrum to become a Scrum Master?
- What are career opportunities for a Scrum Master?
- What do Scrum Masters do?
- What is a daily scrum and do Scrum Masters lead them?
Frequently asked Training and Certification questions
- Do you get course materials and textbooks on the CSM course?
- How well does a CSM course prepare you to be a Scrum Master?
- How well recognised and respected is the Certified Scrum Master course?
- What do I need to know before signing up on the CSM course?
- What is a Certified Scrum Master?
- What is a good certification path for a Scrum Master?
- What will you learn on a CSM course?
- Will I be able to lead a scrum team after doing a CSM course?
- Are there different Scrum Master certifications and how do they differ?
- Do companies invest in CSM courses or is it predominantly individuals?
- How long is the CSM course and how is it configured?
- Is the CSM course theoretical or practical?
- Is there an alumni group for CSM graduates?
- Is there an exam I need to pass to become a Certified Scrum Master?
- What can I do with a CSM credential?
- What is my earning potential as a Certified Scrum Master?