There are currently a little over 1 million Certified Scrum Masters around the world, but no formal CSM alumni group exists.
At Agile Centre, we are in the process of creating our own CSM community.
Currently, we have an alumni group for the advanced Scrum Masters who have completed the Advanced Certified Scrum Master course as well as the Certified Scrum Professional Scrum Master course but have not integrated that with the entry-level Certified Scrum Master community.
It is something we see as an opportunity to connect newly badged Scrum Masters with more advanced and experienced Scrum Masters from around the world, we just have not figured out which platform would work best for the community yet.
Our advanced Scrum Master communities connect via Slack but there has been a call for us to set up a group via LinkedIn.
Let us know your thoughts, we would love to hear your suggestions and recommendations.
What we do find on our CSM courses is that people choose to connect with one another via LinkedIn during and after the course.
The team exercises and practical nature of the course creates a great bond amongst delegates and often translates into opportunities to connect with one another after the course.
You will also receive 12 newsletters from Agile Centre upon completion of the Certified Scrum Master course connecting you with valuable information that we feel will help you on your journey as a newly minted Scrum Master.
Frequently Asked Scrum Master Questions
- What is Scrum?
- What is a Scrum Team?
- Do Scrum Masters work outside of Software environments?
- Do I need project management experience to become a Scrum Master?
- How does a Scrum Master differ from a Project Manager?
- Is the Scrum Master a member of the development team?
- What is the difference between a Scrum Master and a Product Owner?
- What is the Agile Manifesto?
- What are 3 traits of a good Scrum Master?
- Are there different levels of seniority amongst Scrum Masters?
- Can you create a Scrum environment in a company that isn’t Agile?
- Do I need to be a developer to be a Scrum Master for a software development team?
- How will I know if a Scrum Master role is a good fit for me?
- Must you be an expert in Scrum to become a Scrum Master?
- What are career opportunities for a Scrum Master?
- What do Scrum Masters do?
- What is a daily scrum and do Scrum Masters lead them?
Frequently asked Training and Certification questions
- Do you get course materials and textbooks on the CSM course?
- How well does a CSM course prepare you to be a Scrum Master?
- How well recognised and respected is the Certified Scrum Master course?
- What do I need to know before signing up on the CSM course?
- What is a Certified Scrum Master?
- What is a good certification path for a Scrum Master?
- What will you learn on a CSM course?
- Will I be able to lead a scrum team after doing a CSM course?
- Are there different Scrum Master certifications and how do they differ?
- Do companies invest in CSM courses or is it predominantly individuals?
- How long is the CSM course and how is it configured?
- Is the CSM course theoretical or practical?
- Is there an alumni group for CSM graduates?
- Is there an exam I need to pass to become a Certified Scrum Master?
- What can I do with a CSM credential?
- What is my earning potential as a Certified Scrum Master?