If certification is important to you, then yes, you will need to do the CSM course before doing the ACSM course.
That said, we do occasionally have people on the Advanced Certified Scrum Master course that do not have any interest in being certified.
Their priority is the learning and skills development element so if you fall into that category, feel free to enroll for the ACSM.
I would love to have you on the course.
Certified Scrum Master course
Sometimes, going back to basics and learning from a solid foundation can help bridge the gap in your skill set and at other times, potentially introduce new forms of learning that you did not receive in your organic growth as a Scrum Master.
We do have experienced scrum masters who enroll for the Certified Scrum Master course, and it is always a pleasure having them there.
Their experiences combined with the questions they pose and the interactions they have within the CSM course create a unique experience for everyone on the course.
Their perspective helps shape the learning experience in a valuable way.
It can also be valuable for experienced Scrum Masters to pose questions during the course about challenges they have experienced or are currently experiencing.
As an experienced Scrum practitioner, Agile coach, and Certified Scrum Trainer, I am able to give you the kinds of insights that you may not have access to in your current environment.
In doing so, I also provide the rest of the course delegates with valuable insights and recommendations that will help them in their Scrum Master journey.
Insights and recommendations they may never have received had it not been for the presence of experienced Scrum Masters on the course.
Frequently Asked Scrum Master Questions
- What is Scrum?
- What is a Scrum Team?
- Do Scrum Masters work outside of Software environments?
- Do I need project management experience to become a Scrum Master?
- How does a Scrum Master differ from a Project Manager?
- Is the Scrum Master a member of the development team?
- What is the difference between a Scrum Master and a Product Owner?
- What is the Agile Manifesto?
- What are 3 traits of a good Scrum Master?
- Are there different levels of seniority amongst Scrum Masters?
- Can you create a Scrum environment in a company that isn’t Agile?
- Do I need to be a developer to be a Scrum Master for a software development team?
- How will I know if a Scrum Master role is a good fit for me?
- Must you be an expert in Scrum to become a Scrum Master?
- What are career opportunities for a Scrum Master?
- What do Scrum Masters do?
- What is a daily scrum and do Scrum Masters lead them?
Frequently asked Training and Certification questions
- Do you get course materials and textbooks on the CSM course?
- How well does a CSM course prepare you to be a Scrum Master?
- How well recognised and respected is the Certified Scrum Master course?
- What do I need to know before signing up on the CSM course?
- What is a Certified Scrum Master?
- What is a good certification path for a Scrum Master?
- What will you learn on a CSM course?
- Will I be able to lead a scrum team after doing a CSM course?
- Are there different Scrum Master certifications and how do they differ?
- Do companies invest in CSM courses or is it predominantly individuals?
- How long is the CSM course and how is it configured?
- Is the CSM course theoretical or practical?
- Is there an alumni group for CSM graduates?
- Is there an exam I need to pass to become a Certified Scrum Master?
- What can I do with a CSM credential?
- What is my earning potential as a Certified Scrum Master?
- Can a Scrum Master also be a line manager?
- I have experience as a Scrum Master, do I still need to do the CSM to do the ACSM?
- How do you progress as a Scrum Master?
- I am a project manager, is the CSM a good fit for me?
- Is there a recommended reading list for Scrum Masters?
- Should I do the CSM or the CSPO course?
- What are SEUs?