Yes, you do.
On the in-person courses, you will receive an Agile Centre workbook that contains all the curriculum for the Certified Scrum Product Owner course. For the online courses, you will receive a link where you can download the course material in a PDF format.
On the online courses, you will also receive a link to the practical workspaces that were used as part of the course delivery.
Things like Mural workspaces, for example, where you will be able to access all the practical exercises that formed part of the CSPO course.
Those practical elements are conducted on the walls of the classroom using post-it notes for the in-person CSPO course so you would be encouraged to take photos of the practical exercises using your phone for later reference.
We don’t provide textbooks, but we do provide a recommended reading list for product owners.
There are a number of great books we’ve read over the years, some scrum specific and others a little broader such as ‘start with why’ by Simon Sinek, and we’ve compiled a list of great books for you to devour on your path to mastery.
We also have a recommended reading list and book review section on our website so feel free to peruse that section for more information around what we would recommend you invest your time and money in.
At the end of the course, you will also receive the course presentation that is used by your Certified Scrum Trainer.
It contains all the video, snapshots and course material that we think you will find valuable in your journey moving forward.
So, you receive everything you need on the CSPO course and do not need to purchase anything additional, other than the recommended reading list if you feel that is a great fit for you.
Much of your learning is going to come within the product owner role, and you will find that over the course of a year, you are going to pick up a great deal of knowledge and insight working in the role itself.
After a year, we would recommend that you invest in the Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner course to broaden your knowledge and develop your product owner skillset.
If you are interested in becoming a product owner, visit our Certified Scrum Product Owner course page as well as the Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner course page.
Frequently Asked Product Ownership Questions
- What is the difference between a Product Owner and a Project Manager?
- How is a product owner different to a product manager?
- Is a product owner a member of the development team?
- Do you need project management experience to be a Product Owner?
- How does a Product Owner integrate into a Scrum Team?
- Do project managers traditionally make great product owners?
- Is the product owner role a great fit for people in creative industries?
- Is there different levels of seniority for product owners?
- What are career opportunities for a Product Owner?
- What do Product Owners do?
- Do you need to be a developer to be a product owner for a software company?
- Can you create a Product Ownership role in a company that doesn’t do Scrum?
- What are some great traits of a product owner?
- How will I know if a product owner role is a great fit for me?
- Do product owners attend daily scrums?
- Do product owners interact and engage with project stakeholders?
- How does a product owner integrate into a marketing team?
- Do entrepreneurs make great product owners?
Frequently Asked Product Owner Training Questions
- What is a Certified Scrum Product Owner?
- Will I be able to lead product development after doing a CSPO course?
- What will you learn on a CSPO course?
- How well recognised and respected is the CSPO course?
- What do you need to know to sign up for the CSPO course?
- How well does a CSPO course prepare you to be a product owner?
- Do I get textbooks and course materials as part of my CSPO course?
- What would be a good certification path for a Product Owner?
- Are there different CSPO certifications and how do they differ?
- How long is the CSPO course and how is it configured?
- Is the CSPO course theoretical or practical?
- Do companies invest in CSPO courses or is it primarily individuals?
- How do I progress as a Product Owner?
- Would you recommend the CSPO course for entrepreneurs?